Why is it that my youngest likes to sleep on the floor?

I have made his bed. I even put a comforter to make it soft but, I always see him on the floor in the morning

Dariensmom1

Asked by Dariensmom1 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol im trying to figure that out to..i 2yr old is always laying on the floor with his blanket and bottle..i no idea why..i guys its comfortable for them lol
    jrsmommy17

Answer by jrsmommy17 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• In our case, it is sensory issue. Miss V also sleeps very close to her heating/cooling vents regardless of the weather - and it doesn't matter if the A/C or furnace is on.
    Nebraskaoma

Answer by Nebraskaoma at 10:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Maybe the bed is too soft and they need something more firm?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't know, but my mom said I slept on the floor starting when I was three and I continued to do it off and on up until I was 10 (which by then I was making a tent between mine and my sisters bed and sleeping on the floor (-: )
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My oldest sleeps on the floor. I have even moved her mattress to the floor and she ends up on the floor anyway. She's pretty tall though and I think the toddler bed is just not comfortable. That's funny. I am glad I'm not the only one!
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 6:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010