Boys or girls?

WHich is easier?

Dariensmom1

Asked by Dariensmom1 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've only had girls.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Only have boys (2) under the age of 4
    Dariensmom1

Comment by Dariensmom1 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Generally Girls are easier when they are young but I have definately seen some girls give their parents a run for their money. They say boys are better in the teen years...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am from a family of five boys and two girls and my parents have always said the boys were easier. I wasn't a problem child by any stretch of the imagination and yet my brothers were ALWAYS getting into trouble...so I can't figure this out.

I have one or each and I've had challenges with each of them at different stages, but one isn't easier then the other.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Everyone has told me that Boys are easier.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hmm... well as far as long term answers I can only tell you what I've seen in my siblings... the boys have caused just as much trouble as... well, my sister! haha I am the good one :)
    with the boys there was less emotional drama and less fights but much more physical drama (trips to the ER, etc...)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Boys! I have 2 boys and a girl. She's just little but very demanding so far and much more needy!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I only have boys but they have never really been an issue, they are little high maintenance when it comes to clothes and electronics. However I don't mind shopping with them. Drama though - completely NONE I love that. I can't imagine having a girl and dealing with some of the things I've seen going on in the school with them.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have 3 girls and 2 boys and outside of the newborn stage (my older son had colic and reflux) the boys are easier hands down. They are almost 9 and 2 months. My girls are 10, almost 8 and 4 1/2 and spend most of my time dealing with them and their drama (mostly the oldest and youngest). Last night the baby had to sit and scream for 10 minutes while I dealt with the girls who ended up in some kind of fist fight and my 10yo threw a tantrum for 20 minutes. Ugh.
    My son has rarely given me any trouble since he was a baby. He's helpful and sweet and cooperative, as is my middle daughter.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010