If you and your ex share custody but did/do not get along what have you found to be the best way to communicate: phone, text, email, lunchbox notes?

Was there something you did to make communication better or worse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• We don't not get along, but we aren't like best friends.. We text to communicate.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Through the lawyer...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm not in your situation but know someone who is and she'd rather communicate via text, that way she doesn't have to see his face or hear his voice! When they are picking up or dropping off the child they don't speak at all and hardly even look at eachother which I think is going overboard and makes the child feel uncomfortable. It's sad!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My ex and I have it specified in our court order that email is the preferred method of communication and that the other party has 3 days to respond. That way we have everything in writing!

Answer by missanc at 10:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• through a 3rd party that is non-bias...and for droping off/picking up-a remote location or a mutually agreed location like a friend's or in-laws
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 10:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We text. On VERY rare occasions we talk via telephone. We have also used letters.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010