Does anyone live far away from their In-Laws and miss out any of them having children?

Money is tight now and our cars are not in the best shape. I want to see my niece who will be a month old next week. I missed the birth and everything. I did talk her through some contractions and I got to hear the baby cry over the phone seconds after she was born. But I still have not held her and I want to so bad. I think they may be coming to our house (mother and sister-n-law) around Christmas and I am due to have my second child around that time. I would just feel bad if they were here for me again (this is my second and they both were with me then) and I missed out on hers. Granted my sister-n-law was just fresh out of high school and didn't have a job and stayed at our house for free, she was with me and that meant a lot to me. I have sent her two big boxes of baby stuff and a gift card to motherhood maternity to get a nursing bra. I plan on sending her a walmart gift card this weekend, but I just feel bad.

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't feel bad. You cannot help the circumstances and it's life. I think you are doing a great job at being "there" for her as much as you can. It says alot to send her things and call. I think they understand your situation and I don't think they are mad about it. Don't feel guilty, it's not your fault. I think you're being a great sil!! Chin up!! Good Luck on everything! :)
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My kids grandparents are all gone now and I really miss that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• no i'm sorry this must suck for you. i live just far enough to not get involved to much but close enough to part of anything i want to be a part of. housing was cheaper here.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My family and my husband's family are in Sweden. It's very rare that I can see their children, and was not there for the time surrounding the births. It is hard sometimes, but all we can do is the best we can do. Luckily, email and phones help to stay in contact and offer support ... and sending packages is always nice too - getting a package in the mail can be a great surprise and really brighten someone's day!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I also had my first daughter around Thanksgiving, so it was easy for my Mother-n-law to come because she had work off. I just wish I could have been their and I feel guilty because they both were their for me.
    cloverlover24

Comment by cloverlover24 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010