do you think that the stereotypes about people being more polite and friendly in the South are true?

I do... we've moved all over because of the Army and I find southerners much more friendly and helpful.

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 10:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Actually I was looking forward to that when we moved from New England but we did not find it to be the case. I had to introduce myself to the neighbors etc. Glad it has worked out for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i lived in Texas and did NOT find it friendly
    glad I moved back to the Midwest, people are real and do not try to be fake
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Im from the mid-west and I think folks are pretty friendly there. Ive never been to the south. I live in the west now and its nothing like the mid-west out here. Even if Im waiting at a cross walk for someone to cross the street, some idiot lays on his or her horn to get me to move faster. Then they flip you the bird, I have had my kids in the car and they do this! I would love to live somewhere that people are just kind.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The appear to be warm and friendly and say sweet thing such as "Bless your heart" but when you are gone,they will be just the opposite. There is alot of hidden jealousy and envy and snobbishness and class-divisions. I saw it happen to people all the time in both SC and NC. In the mdwest,people are more real. You don't have to worry about any of that "Bless your heart" crap. They ARE nice.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I've found it to be true. I live in the Northwest and when I go to Arizona, Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. people are SOOOOO much nicer. Arizona had the nicest people I've ever met there! But its understandable. I'd be nicer too if I lived in warm weather and sunshine most of the year!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I actually do find that true. My parents live in the South and everytime I'm there to visit everyone seems more polite and friendly. The pace seems slower and no one seems to mind. Its pretty refreshing.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 11:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Im from Louisiana and I find people have more respect and tact.....I really do believe in southern hospitality ! I have been to other states and the people are arrogant and rude!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope, and they suck at driving too. I've never seen so many horrible drivers.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. We go to SC every year and the people who work in restaurants are extremely friendly. Also extremely slow.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Of course! Trust me, I am a "Southern" girl and most ppl are great around here.
    fallenfaerie

Answer by fallenfaerie at 12:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010