son has a cold and a fever.

my son has had a cold for about a week. since hes been going to daycare he seems to get recurring colds. the doctor said this was normal with the season and everything. last time he had a fever he had an ear infection, hes been getting those alot lately too. obviously his doctor is closed on the weekends, should i take him to the hospital? should i just wait til monday? what could be wrong with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on how high his fever is. I would just stick with tylenol and/or motrin and run a cold air humidifier while he is sleeping. If it helps then i would wait. Its up to you. If it gets worse and you get worried then take him to the ER and they will check him out and poss put him on an antiabiotic.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• take cool shower with him, that always got rid of my daughters fevers
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I know it is hard to have a baby w/a cold and fever. Watch the symptoms. Is he extra fussy? Does he cry if a lot when you lay him down - not normal fussing and tired crying -my good sleeper would always wake every 30-1hr when his ear was infected. If not then just use a humidifier in his room while he sleeps. Warm baths with ecalyptus drops in them also help. A cold is a cold and not much can really be done for it. If the fever really spikes and won't come down w/meds then consider the hospital. And the getting every germ on the block will get better with time. My big kids rarely get sick now and they always got everything going around the daycare. Hope he feels better soon!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i think hes got an ear infection, he keeps getting them.it seems about a week after hes done with the antibiotics he gets another one. i think he may need to get tubes. im about to start school for massage therapy soon and my hubby is deployed so i cant keep taking him to the doctor every week. hes had about 4-5 infections in the last 4 months. but hes only been in daycare since sept and has had 3 since then.
    Anonymous