For Christians

I'm just curious :) What denomination are you (if any) and how did you come to decide what denomination to be a part of? Do agree with everything your denominations teaches?

Sparrow4

Asked by Sparrow4 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Catholic and yes I do that's why I became one.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I go to a non-denominational church... one with modern music and stuff like that. I agree with what they teach at our church.
    If I were to go to a denominational church it would most likely be Lutheran actually... That is, if I could find a Lutheran church that actually teaches the things that Martin Luther wrote.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Apostolic, and yes i do, i fell away for a while when became a late teen, but came back. you know that verse "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it"....well, it's true. :) not only that but i had went to other churches and they're so "dry". There was no presence of God, just some preaching, a prayer and it was over. i'm used to God visiting during service, feeling his presence, Him touching people, filling them with the Holy Ghost...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Right now I am confused because we had the old teachings in our bible. I am Episcopalian. But I haven't really followed my religion because it was too depressing.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Why was being an Episcopalian depressing?

Sparrow4

Comment by Sparrow4 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have membership at my Methodist church (the church I grew up in, they're like family), although I consider myself nondenominational, and I'm a Christian Universalist.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh, and its pretty easy to agree with what the CUA "teaches" :

http://www.christianuniversalist.org/beliefs.html
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am Christian-Nazarene (Protestant)...Yes I have my questions and things I am unsure about but I believe in the Holy Bible and it's teachings so I accept things. I grew up in this church and gained membership at a young age...I have however been to many different churches and denominations along with non-denominational and evangilist churches and I agree more with the Nazarene church's teachings
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 12:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am an independent, Fundamental, King James Bible believing Baptist. Yes, very specific ;-) LOL!
    To me, the IFB church is the closest example to the NT church. It is autonomous, it is self governing, it is Bible believing, and it follows the teachings of Christ and not man or tradition. That is why I am an IF Baptist ;-)
    I agree with everything our church teaches because 1st, my husband is the Pastor ;-)
    and second, we only teach the Bible. We don't add anything, or take anything away. If the Bible doesn't' say it, we don't teach it.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My church is non-denominational.. My church is not about religion, it is about a relationship with God..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010