has any one

ever dealt with blinding severe migraines before to the point if u sit still it dont hurt but if u slightly move ur in agonizing pain? and have a dr tell you that they can prescribe viccoden (spelling??) while your pregnent?

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes I did with my first one! It never hurt my daughter and she came out just fine. If you are hurting that bad your doc wont give you anything that will hurt the baby and I have lived with migrains for 15 years and I am only 25! Trust me you will be glad if you can get them to stop and just take thm as perscribed by your OBGYN. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 6:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Oh sweetie, I feel for you. Yes the Dr. will perscribe vicodin, and here's how you have to look at this, are you going to OD? Or are you only going to take the amount that you need to get you back to good? If you aren't healthy, and are in that much pain, your baby is suffering as well. Is vicodin a good idea on a regular basis while pregnant, of coarse not, but to get rid of the migrain, oh yes. Remember one thing, vicodin is acedemediphin based (tylenol), so it's probably about the safest narcodic for a pregnant woman. I hope that you find relief soon.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 7:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• OOohhhh yeah! I've always had migraines...and I seem to have more of them when I'm pregnant. The last time my dr. gave me demerol....they tried tylenol3 and that didn't help a bit. I was really nervous about taking it even though the dr gave it to me, but the OBGYN won't give you anything if he/she thinks its going to put baby in danger! :-) Hope you get to feelin' better!
    collinjs15

Answer by collinjs15 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2008