No matter how much or how little sleep I get.....

I am still always soooooo tired...... Does anyone else have this problem?? I usually end up taking 5-hour energy shots throughout the day, but those aren't good for you either.....

AdoptingMyChild

Asked by AdoptingMyChild at 10:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• I am the same way. I am severely fatigued during the day!! After several years of telling my dr. and nothing being done because my bloodwork was always normal, and trying vitamins, B12, excercise...my new dr finally ordered a sleep study on me. Turns out I have sleep apnea. I never really though about sleep disorders because i thought (not to be in any way offensive) sleep apnea was usually something overweight or obese people got. And that is a major risk factor, but I'm just an exception to the rule I guess. Lucky me lol. I'm trying to do without a cpap machine for now, but I may have to cave and get one. I'm not looking forward to it. Yuck!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Maybe your diet needs some help.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You and me both except for the energy drink, I just go for coffee (really dark and strong coffee). LOL
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 10:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You should talk to you doctor. They may need to run a sleep study on you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes I feel the same way but I blame it on me getting old!!!! hehehehe!!
    juju0707

Answer by juju0707 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I 2nd a visit to the dr. I went after my 3rd child was born complaining of energy levels. I've always been anemic, but this was more than that. My dr ran a battery of tests and found out I have sjogrens syndrome. It's an autoimmune disease that causes fatigue among other things and there aren't any real treatments, but at least it helped me know I'm not crazy. Fatigue can be a sign of several things

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Have your thyroid checked.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with @Syphon way back before I had kids, I was working a lot and not eating well and I was just exhausted ALL the time. When I got pregnant with my first, I shaped up my diet, added a lot of fruit, vegetable and non-processed food. I cannot stress what a difference it made!!! Seriously, try eating healthier foods. It's soooo worth it.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Diet & exercise are the 2 main reasons for feeling tired, also try taking a multi vitamin :)
    TwinMamaKels

Answer by TwinMamaKels at 11:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010