Anybody get married while pregnant, not get married because they were pregnant?

I was with my husband for 4 years before we got married. He asked me and my mother started to plan the wedding for July (this was February) I asked my mother if I could wear her wedding dress (she was pregnant with me when she got married and got married because she was pregnant and they are still together) Anyway, I went to get some alterations to the dress because the dress had yellowed and needed a little updating : ) The lady took my measurements and everything and my mother put a deposit down on the room for our wedding/reception and a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant and had been pregnant for a few weeks. At this point I was going to be 5 months at my wedding and my mother asked if I wanted to wait and I said no. I was going to marry him before I knew about the baby, why wait until after she was born? We did it, made more alterations to the dress to fit me and it was an amazing wedding. Now its been 5 years!

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Also when I told my mother I was pregnant I was in tears and I told her the dress was cursed.. she says why what happened? And I told her and she about lost it with happiness. Not the reaction I was thinking she would have but it was nice. I had a wedding, had a baby and got a house in one year. Busy me. ; )
    cloverlover24

Comment by cloverlover24 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sure did that happened to us too! We have been married for 5 yrs. too!
    Congrats!
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I got married while I was pregnant, but we were already engaged when we found out. If anything it postponed the date because we had to watch our money a little more closely.

Answer by missanc at 10:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Congratulations on 5 years!! WOW! I bet that was a surprise to find out you were pregnant. I was pregnant when I got married for the second time before the wedding. Was totally in love with my man and now I was even more in love with him because we were having a child together!! :) The wedding was beautiful and we are still in love!! :)
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 11:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Same thing happened with us, me and my husband were in the middle of planning our wedding, we were engaged for about 4 months before I got pregnant. We had to change the wedding because her due date was the day our wedding was supposed to be. So we did a justice of the peice thing when I was 3 months along, then did a really great reception about 2 months after our daughter was born.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'd only been dating my SO 5 mos when we found out our son was on his way. We decided we wouldn't get married, much to his parent's disappointment and frustration. He proposed to me the Christmas after our son was born, and we got married the following June. Not because we had a kid, but because we loved eachother. DS was 8mos old when we got married. He's 3 now, and going to be a big brother. DH and I are still happy. I'm glad we didn't get married just becuase we were having a kid. We waited until we knew that that was what we wanted.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That would be me. I was 5 months along.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Your guys weddings sound fine, but my BIL got this girl preg after only being with her for 2 months. She insisted they get married, which he now regrets. But she was 8 mos along and wore a velvet, black mini dress and didn't invite his side of the family or tell them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My husband and I were together for years and had planned on getting married when we could afford everything we wanted...the prefect wedding. But I got pregnant and for a while we still wanted to wait. But then decided we should be married before our son was born. So we threw it together in about a month. I was 6 months pregnant and pretty big so all I could wear was a navy blue maternity dress. It wan't the wedding we wanted, but it was still nice.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was going to get married and then found out I was pregnant and postpone it. Then start planning again..guess what? pregnant againg but had a m/c and I wasn't in the mood to plan a wedding. Then this year out of nowhere he told me lets get ring, get the paper at the court and get married and that's what we did. Guess what? Im pregnant againg!!!! Thankfully I'm allready married.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2010