What's your favorite holiday tradition?

Every thanksgiving and christmas we gather at my aunts house for dinner. Christmas eve we go to midnight mass.

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• Putting up our Christmas tree. Most of our ornaments have some sort of sentimental attachment, so we all reminisce and enjoy a whole night together! We even drink hot cocoa! We don't listen to Christmas Carols though, lol, we usually do have the radio going!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My favorite holiday is Diwali..

My fave tradition for Diwali is the lighting of all the lamps.. I love the way it looks.. I love the warm inviting glow of the lamps.. I also love all the other decorating that gets done for Diwali.. But the lamps are my favorite part of the decorations.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love getting all of my neices and my boys together on Christmas Eve. We bake cakes for Baby Jesus' birthday and then get them all into PJs and go out to look at lights. We do alot of singing and giggling. Everyone has a great time!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love putting up the tree around Christmas time, also cooking for just the three of us. Also going to my grandmas house and having my DHs family come over to see us.

SarahLouise508

Answer by SarahLouise508 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Chinese food on New Years Eve. We started this several years ago, when no one felt like cooking and it was one of only a few nearby places open. The last couple of years, the place is now packed on New Years Eve. LOL - I think we were followed :)
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 3:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• A big brunch at my house on Christmas Eve. I stopped for the past few years because things have been so hard emotionally, but I'm ready to start again this year.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010