Need some Christian Advice !!

Okay I have been really down! You have to understand I have been saved for years but I feel like I have lost my way. My husband wont go to church with me and I have asked him and he says it bores him. I have gone all my life. (Daddy is a preacher) I got married and I was good for the first year we were married know I am said and miss church and I don't feel close to God anymore :( I want my kids to go and be a great Christain family I just don't see that happening. Any Advice?

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 7:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can't force your husband so you have to let that go. If you want to be closer to God then you just have to go to your weekly services and take your kids with you.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I go sometimes but even at church I feel far from God and if I can ever get my husband to tell his parents they can't keep my children on Sat nights they would go with me but I am not fighting with my in laws
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Steph319 is right, you can't change him; At the same time him not going is NOT a good reason for you not to be going. Yes, your married; Yes, it's good to do things as a family, especially church, but sometimes it takes just willing to go it alone. If you want to go to church then go!!! There is no reason for you not to go.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I didn't see your other post before mine; Why does it have to be a fight with your in-laws? Why are you waiting for your husband to do the talking? Why can't you talk to them? I would tell them that the kids are still welcomed to be at your house and do the sleep over, but I'm going to be their in the morning at x time to pick them for church. Or seeing I want to take them to church how about changing the night to Friday night..... That way they still get the kids, but you get what they want as their mother and spiritual leader: Them going to church!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You have to know my in laws! I love them do not get me wrong but b/c my daughter was first born they are very over barring......... My father in law thinks he can teach my daughter more than I can as her mother and my husband wont go against his step dad. I have fought with these ppl when I first got married and I am tired of fighting.... Oh and when they come by for a visit no matter what day of the week I will say no and he will ake her over anyway! Husband is no HELP!!!!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Continue building your relationship with the Creator through prayer, and bible study. If you think about it, the way to become friends with someone is to continue talking with them, spending time with them. Who better to befriend then our loving Creator? Pray for guidance to that friendship path.
    As for your husband, the Bible says that some may be won over by example. Sometimes you don't have to say a word. Apply the things you learn from your Bible to your everyday life, and fantastick things will begin to happen. Keep up the faith, and remember that God draws near to those who draw close to him. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Honestly, my advice would be to go anyway. You are not required to wait on your in-laws hand and foot. If they are there visiting, and are willing to watch the children, by all means let them and go to church. If not, pack up the kids and take them with you, and let them continue their visit with their son.
    As long as you are not forbidden to go to church, go. If he is forbidding you, then you have to decide if you're going to defy him or work around him. Obviously, there is an obstacle in your path - God is probably watching to see how you deal with it. Best of luck, sweetie.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 12:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• either me or my husband go to church if the other doesn't feel like it. although you have always gone together. he just doesn't seem to have a true testimony of christ and i think it needs to start with you. you setting the example and then him seeing the changes in you as you get blessed for going. it might not be apparent right away but in time he will see. if not then think of the blessings that have come to you and how the lord has blessed your family. pray to god for your desire and he will work it into him. maybe he would like going to a different church then the one you guys go to right now. one maybe not so boring. i used to think church was boring as a child but now i don't. take your kids. they need to build a relationship while young with god. as parents we parent them and make their decisions to go or not. regardless of in-laws there or not. they must go.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm spiritually single. I go to church and I take my kids with me. The Holy Spirit is wooing you, return to your first love and stop waiting on your husband. Jesus said if we love anyone more than we love Him we are unworthy of Him. (Matthew 10:37) We are supposed to come together often to encourage one another.(Hebrews 10:23-25)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Do you know how many women feel like you do? More than we can count. Is your Daddy the pastor at the church that bores your husband? I've been there twice (with the same husband). I decided my relationship was more important than anything (including what Daddy or my husband thought). I found a church I enjoyed and learned from. I brought my kids. They both learned what they needed to at church and from me. God is in control and we need to let him work on our husbands. We have plenty to work on ourselves. Both times, I found a church that my husband attended. Guys needs are different than ours, even when it comes to church. Talk to God about what is wrong and pray for your husband.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008