Are there things about your religion you don't agree with?

Or do you simply agree with everything your priest, pastor, etc.. states?

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, there are things I don't agree with.

Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think that if you ever agreed 100% with everything any one person said that would be a sign that you weren't thinking for yourself. There most definitely are things that my pastor says and teaches that I don't agree with. But he is a good man and I respect him so it doesn't matter much to me.
    joyful_mama

Answer by joyful_mama at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i dont agree with persons who interpate religions as they want or the way they like
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• There are things in most all the major religions that I do not agree with..

This is why I am a devout believer in God, but not a follower/practioner/believer in any one single religion.

I have yet to find 1 single religion that I: believe everything with my entire being that it teaches/preaches. or. that I would willing, with full faith, belief, and devotion, to follow/adhere to all of its teachings and tenents. I believe in living my life as justly as possible. Claiming a religion, or claiming to believe/follow/adhere to a religion that I do not believe in with every ounce of my being, would be less than honest, and would be hypocritical and unjust to both myself and that religion.

I was raised HIndu. I live in a Sikh household.. I studied religions in college.. And I have been to many places in this world and met many people. There is beauty, love, truth, wisdom, solace, guidance to be found in ALL religions
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• caramelH- can you explain?
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, there is plenty I do not agree with and that is why I am no longer a practicing member of the religion I was raised in.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• See here's my dillema: I was born and raised catholic. I believe in some of what is taught. but i don't agree with alot of what is said and done. I was taught to never change my religion, but if there's a religion out there that i feel more comfortable in and that i truely believe in then why not? I have yet to find such a religion. it's like i want to know everything about every religion... but that is so impossible...
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Here's the thing about Paganism, it's a very personal path. There is no set in stone rules, beliefs or traditions. Like Christianity there are many paths and each has it's own differences. For those like me who are "Solitary Eclectics" there are no set rules. It's a belief system ruled over by your heart, your spirit and your connection to the world around you, your higher power and yourself.

Are their aspects of DIFFERENT FORMS of Paganism I don't agree with? Of course. For example, I believe in multiple separate Gods & Goddesses while many others believe in a single couple or even single being who are simply represented by many different names here on earth. However, that's like saying a Baptist doesn't agree with everything in Catholicism rather than saying their are things in their own beliefs they don't agree with.

Because of the nature of my belief system itself, it I don't agree with it, it's not part of my beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't really follow one religion, I follow what feels right to me. So, no, there aren't any things I don't agree with.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• There is much that is taught by fellow Christians that I don't agree with, but my "religion", the way I understand it, isn't something i disagree with.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010