How do you justify

Having another child, we already have 3, but we want a big family. I know a lot of our friends and family would think we were stupid for even considering number 4....but its our decision right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you can afford it, then it's nobody else's business.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you have the means to do so, then who cares what other people think???!!!??? This is YOUR family!!! :D
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 11:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Of course it is for you and DH to decide!! Don't let others influence how large a family you want.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You don't need to justify it to anyone. Having children, let alone how many, is a very personal decision.

If you can afford to have 50 and want 50 - go for it. Yes, people have their opinions, but as long as you are capable in raising your kids, so what. I know it is hard to disregard the bombarding opinions of others, especially family, but it is your decision and not theirs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with all the other moms. If you can support it without government assistance, then go for it!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you can afford it, and are wiling to make the personal sacrafices to have one more, then why worry about what other people think. I think its great, we have always thought 4 would be nice.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's your decision if you can afford it. If your family is helping you out alot then you shouldnt add more onto them. If you live in your own house and care for yourself and your children then who cares what they think it is between you and your hubby!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You don't have to justify yourself to anyone else. It's your decision.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If I could afford it, wasn't 36 and about ready to get a divorce...I would LOVE to have one more. It's noone else's business!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you can afford it, then go fo it.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010