Facebook

Do you think it is ok to ask parents NOT to put a picture of your child on face book,under their photos? We do not use facebook and I am especially concerned with people who use facebook for the wrong reasons. I was going to ask the school to mention to parents that no all parents are ok with having their childs picture on facebook and other socialnetwork sites and to just be mindfull of that. I am talking about when they take pics at sporting events or other school activities.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't see an issue with it but keep in mind that if they take the picture, they can do what they want with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think it is your right to do so, if you dont want your child on the site then they shouldnt be.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with jademom07. If other parents take the pictures, they can do with it what they want.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 11:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If your child is in the background of someone else's photo, no one will know who he is. Just don't let them put his name on it. I don't think you will be able to control it. Everyone is on Facebook now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i think your being alittle dramatic about it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i have my kids on my facebook but I only add my friends and same with mysapce. Only those im friends with can see my pictures
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think it is good to make it knowen that you are not comfortable with it, but there maybe a few shots where your kid was in the background and they are going to be put up. No mom should take a face shot of your kid and just put it up knowing you are not comfortable with it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• its not dramatic.... its being safe.  yes everyone may be on facbook but they sure as hell dont have background checks on the users.  and by the way yes people have used  social networks to get to a child. safety first....safety first.!!!!!

karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 11:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I dont think youare being dramatic about it. You're feelings are your own & if that is what you feel you should do, then do it. I have a fb account, but I am only friends with people I know & my account is set to private. No one can see my pics unless I want them to.
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• What could someone do to your child if they see their picture? There are millions of pictures of kids on there. Your address is not printed with it. They couldn't contact him. Do you think they are masturbating to kid's pictures? They might be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 17, 2010