my daughter wants to get her eyebrows done

my daughter is 9yo and she wants to get her eyebrows done, she ALMOST has a unibrow and all the kids make fun of her, she gets really upset, should i let her? imo she is just too young, am i being unfair?

No_Worries

Asked by No_Worries at 8:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think its totally fine. its not like she wants a piercing or a tatoo.........yet! LOL Let her do it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You can get some eyebrow razors in the makeup section and you can do it. I think if she is being made fun of then you should do something about it. Kids can be cruel.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• LET HER. IT'LL MAKE HER SCHOOL LIFE EASIER. MY 8 YEAR OLD WAS HAIRY, EVEN UNDER HER ARMS AND SHE STARTED FUSSING WORRING WHAT HER FRIENDS WOULD SAY. I DID EXPLAIN TO HER THAT REAL FRIENDS WOULDN'T P[ICK ON HER BUT I LET HER SHAVE. IT IMPROVED OUR RELATIONSHIP BY ME BEING ABLE TO EMPATHISE WITH HER.

myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• As a cosmetologist, i've done several young girls eyebrows but i really think it's up to the parents. You might try the wax strips at walmart first and then look to a salon.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Let her do it. I don't think it's a big deal.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Let her. If she had normal brows I'd say no. But since they are causing her grief, let her get them done.

My cousins daughter is hairy and has been shaving her legs and getting her eyebrows waxed since she was 7 or 8. Funny thing is, her mom is so strict and very "old school". it didn't make her grow up any faster, just made her fell better about her self.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• She wants to do it because it's affecting her self-esteem. I would let her. If she wanted to get them done just because the other girls are, then I would question it. When I was young, 9, I almost had a full unibrow too. The kids were so mean! I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it hurt a lot to feel like the "outcast". I ended up taking a razor to myself, and did a horrible job! Take her to get them professionally done. They don't have to be "perfect" a la Cover Girl, but they should definately be shaped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I say let her do it. Kids are so mean these days...
    Mazarati_2003

Answer by Mazarati_2003 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think it would be okay. At least she is not asking to get her tongue pierced or something. I mean, afterall, those kids are making fun of her and she has a unibrow.... I would suggest that you do that.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I would have the uni brow taken care of. If you don't she might just try herself and end up with out any eye brows.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2008