we're thinking of moving back east....

but i can't stand being cold. so i want to live in a state or area that has mild winters. do you or have you lived where the winters are mild? we want a small town feel with historical homes. wasn't sure where to put this.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Travel

• im moving to the south west!!! ugh i hate the cold!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'd try something like South Carolina. They have mild winters and a homes with great southern charm!
    KimberlyVaughn

Answer by KimberlyVaughn at 12:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Look at the towns along the shores of Myrtle beach or south east NC near Emerald Isle. They are beautiful.
    7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 12:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yea i heard of both north and south carolina
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I live in eastern NC and its not bad in the winter. We may occasionally get 1 day of snow during the winter months. Average winter temp is between 40-50, and can occassionally get into 30's(when we have that chance of snow). Of course if you are closer to the shore you probably won't get any. There are alot of places too that have historic homes so i'm sure you would be able to find something to your liking.
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 2:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would consider North Carolina.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Gotta go with the North Carolina votes, I know many who have moved there and love it. Mild winters, yet not too hot, nice hometown feel, affordable.
    JessieAtHome

Answer by JessieAtHome at 2:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Savannah Ga. is great, too. Hot as Hades in the summer though. Got to plug my hometown, Chattanooga, Tn. We have some wonderful historic areas, and the winters are not bad.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010