Just Wondering....

I have seen so many things on here about Christianity as a whole not the wide array of religions in this world....so tell me...

What religion are you? Summerize your beliefs...

I am Christian-Nazarene/Protestant...I believe in Jesus Christ...the power of prayer and that the Holy Bible is life's instruction manual written through the voice of God

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 11:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am baptized Lutheran and Catholic. I say that I am Christain, I prefer non-denominational beliefs. For me, I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I am just not into organized religion. I do not go to church but have a couple that I can be associated with if I ever choose to. I am not super sure on all of my beliefs as I have questions and all but am working on it.
    BeckieLea

Answer by BeckieLea at 12:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That's what I like about my church...it's not as much as an organized religion as most denominations....thank you for sharing
    MamaCortney

Comment by MamaCortney (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i am xtian, raised in the baptist church, married an episcopalian, and we (with our ds) currently attend a first methodist church.
    'The Nicene Creed' pretty much sums it up for both of us.

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/creeds/nicene.htm
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm an atheist.  That means I don't believe in any gods, or any kind of afterlife and I have no dogma to enslave me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan Witch... While that makes it hard to explain my beliefs in this little box, I'll try.

I'm poly-theistic (more than one God & Goddess). I believe all things in nature, in the universe in fact, have their own energy/spirit and that should be respected. That is our connection to everything and everyone around us. I believe that ALL religions are valid, they each simply come from a different view the world from a different source. I believe in life cycles and reincarnation.

I did a journal which goes in to my beliefs a little better, and if you want to know more, just check it out... Part 2 is coming soon...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Im an IndoWiccan Witch. That basically means my beliefs are mixed between Wicca and Eastern beliefs(in my case, Hinduism).

Basically, I believe in balance and reincarnation. I believe there is a male AND female Divine. I believe that what you do in this life will affect your next and that we have lessons to be learned in each life. I believe in the power of energy and intent and in being good to my fellowman. I believe in honoring nature and those who came before.

Thats a bit anyway.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Spiritual atheist witch. I don't believe in gods (tho, admittedly, there is a goddess I am rather fond of), but I do believe that there is a paranormal world running parallel to ours and that photos have captured ghosts, angels and other spirit beings unseen by the human eye. I practice witchcraft (which is not technically a religion, but something you practice like nursing or golf) because it works. I don't know exactly why. It just does and as long as it does I'll keep practicing.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Independent Fundamental Baptist. B- Biblical Authority A-Autonomy of the local church P- priesthood of the believer T- Two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper, I- Individual Soul Libery, S- Salvation by grace, T- Two offices; Pastor and the Deacon.

That pretty much sums it up. :)
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Atheist- No gods or "without God"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Wow, all those who said Atheist got voted down. Apparently some people have issues with others not believing in god(s). Wonder why that is..............
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010