McCain Supporters, Did you Know?

This is a post I took from a science blog. If you want to find it yourself, go to www.scienceblogs.com and on the right select the Effect Measure blog.

Annals of McCain - Palin, XXVII: palling around with a domestic terrorist
Posted on: October 15, 2008 3:28 PM, by revere

It's become a campaign issue that one of the Presidential candidates has been close with a domestic terrorist. So let's look at the facts.

G. Gordon Liddy is a convicted burglar and domestic terrorist. He was also the host, in his home, for a 1998 fundraiser for John McCain's Senate re-election campaign. McCain was on Liddy's radio show in May 2007, where he praised Liddy's values and proclaimed himself proud of Liddy and his "adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great":

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 8:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• During the same period that Bill Ayers was a member of the Weather Underground, Gordon Liddy was making plans to firebomb a Washington think tank, assassinate a prominent journalist, undertake the Watergate burglary, break into the office of Daniel Ellsberg's psychiatrist, and kidnap anti-war protesters at the 1972 Republican convention.
    Re: Liddy's "continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great:" Did McCain mean to include Liddy's instructions to listeners of his radio show in 1994 (around the time Ayres and Obama were on a board together discussing education programs and other plots) on how to shoot Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agents (aim for the head)?

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If ATF agents attempt to curtail a citizen's gun ownership, Liddy counseled, "Well, if the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests."

More recently, Liddy explained making the Clintons objects of shooting practice: "I did relate that on the 4th of July of last year, when I and my family and some friends were out firing away at a properly-constructed rifle range and we ran out of targets, and so we - I drew some stick figure targets and I thought we ought to give them names. So I named them Bill and Hillary, thought it might improve my aim. It didn't. My aim is good anyway. Now, having said that, I accept no responsibility for somebody shooting up the White House." (Carl Bernstein, HuffPo)

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• We don't condone people who bomb civilian targets, either. It doesn't matter whether they do it from a safehouse or from 15,000 feet in an airplane. A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of his sponsor. Or aren't we supposed to say that?
    my2.5boys

• So if this is true, then they are even. Big woop. I don't see McCain palling around with other America haters (like Rev Wright), so I am really not worried. That and he sacrificed 5.5 years of his life for his country as a POW, he has earned his stripes. Where are Obama's?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• WOW, SOUNDS LIKE SINCE OBAMA HAS TERRORIST TIES THAT PPL NEED TO TRY AND MAKE MCCAIN LOOK BAD TOO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The point is, that there are many forms of terrorism. and I'm sure that just about anybody could be found to have "terrorist ties". Everyone keeps saying lets look at the people Obama associates himself with, to judge Obama. Well, what about the people that McCain associates with? Shouldn't we judge him by the company he keeps as well?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• They both have terrorist ties because that is what they both are. When people quit looking along the party lines and the political rhetoric they will see that both Obama and McCain are controlled by the same people, Bildeberg and Rothschild. They spout the same political rhetoric that presidents have been spouting since Nixon, when will people realize that they all say the same thing and do the same thing (nothing)? They are puppets being controlled by the same master power, one in one hand and the other in the other hand, same controller.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 8:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i agree with anon! McCain has earned his stripes. I don't care that Obama's GRANDFATHER served in with Patton... their both dead and does not make Obama an American Hero. He won't even bother wearing a lapel Pin of the American Flag! His talk might sound like he is an American, but some of his actions sure don't....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• This is an untrue statement. There are no websites to prove this validity.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i agree with anon! McCain has earned his stripes.

This has only re-enforced my suspicion that so many McCain supporters are voting for him solely because he is a war hero. Sure, respect the man for what he has gone through, but making him president because of that is idiotic. Nothing about serving in the military or being a POW makes you qualified to run this country.

Also, Obama is the first presidential candidate to be too young to have served in Vietnam. Is that his fault? Is being a child now considered draft dodging?

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 9:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2008