Is it possible she pregnant?

My neice came to me the other day and said she has sex, she also told me it was unprotected but he didnt cum in her (dont think thats possible though) she also told me they had sex again but protected. she got her period yesterday so does that mean that she isnt pregnant, i dont think she is because she just got her period but i dont know any other imputs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• She probably isnt. If shes having sex you really need to talk to her about protection and birth control. Your lucky that she trust you enough to talk to so push her in the right direction. If she is already making these irresponsible decisions then who knows if she'll get her period the next time? If she wants to be an "adult" then she must be responsible.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well, there are some cases where women have what appears to be a period even while pregnant. I would bet that she isn't, though. It's so unlikely that they had sex on one of those few right days of the month, and if she said he pulled out, then maybe he was able to do so soon enough. If your niece isn't on birth control, it might be a good idea.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 8:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Let her know that pulling out doesnt work. Thats how I got pregnant!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I would say no based on my medical background, there are always a possibility, but here is the thingy, she has had sex he pulled out, that didnt rule out the possibility of getting prego, but the egg has to have been fertilized by the sperm and if it had been she wouldnt get her period, but it is very possible to drop two eggs at a time where one does get fertilized and the other gets flushed then people do get thier periods but they are still prego, but there are other signs as early as 14 days after conception, the usual first sign is the tender hooters and the morning sickness, if you want to be sure, consult the ept test. as early as one day
    candyney1168

Answer by candyney1168 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Okay, so I have to tell you that of coarse as you know (you have to know) that pulling out doesn't mean no prego. ALL men have pre-cum, they don't have to pull out to get your pregnant. Secondly, I had my period (not what I thought was a period) an actual period for 5 months, that's right ladies 5 months, with both my girls. Like candyney1168 explained the first time it can be 2 eggs, but it's not UNCOMMON for women to have their periods, especially if they are not regular prior to conception, if they are young, if they are heavy bleeders to begin with. It's never a sure sign just because she got her period. The best thing to do is wait and have her take a prego test in a couple of weeks. Also talk to her about safe sex practices and getting her on the pill.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 9:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well she told me that she took a HPT and it came out negative but she just had unprotected sex wensday so i think its too early to be sure anyway. correct?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Um maybe you should be telling your niece to stop having unprotected sex. No I don't think she's pregnant but instead of asking that question maybe you should be asking "how do I talk my niece out of having unprotected sex" come on people. Are we seriously doing the "could I be pregnant" questions when this is obviously a young girl in need of some serious sex ed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I do have to agree with anonymous at 9:17.

You are very lucky that she trusts you to talk to you but you do need to sit her down and discuss even further with her. Obviously her she cannot talk to her mom or her mom is not around so as the adult, take advantage of this situation and educate her. If you have to, take her to a doctor or clinic that can explain things in more detail and answer these types of questions. But most of all, push the protection issue or supporting her by letting her know that she DOES NOT have to sleep around especially if it makes her feel loved.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well obviously i will be talking to her about safe sex but that doesnt resolve the problem that we may have now. I allready know how to talk to my neice about it. But that doesnt take away the part that she may be 14 and pregnant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Also shes had Sex ed ive talked to her many times thats just her own stupidity, i cannot sit over her 24hrs and make every decitiion for her. This is her own fault not mine so stop bashing me on not giving sex ed. im being nice enough to be there for her when her mom isnt! i think i get props for that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2008