do you sahm cook big dinners all week long?

I do, i hate it.But only cook big dinners because i feel bad for hubby, i know he is tired when he gets home from work, since im home all day i do it because i have the time, but yesterday i told him that i was getting tired of cooking huge meals, im also gaining so much weight, i asked him if maybe we could have some sandwiches or canned soup, n he sd okay but that he workes hard and would just like to come home to a good home cooked meal, he didnt say it ina mean way but i guess i can understand what hes saying,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I cook if and when I feel like it. If I don't feel like cooking we have sandwiches. And normally when I do cook I make enough for leftovers so there is almost always some kind of leftovers in the fridge for people to warm up on the nights I don't want to cook.
    Right now my husband works nights so he doesn't get home until 10pm. If there isn't any leftovers from dinner he just makes a hot pocket or something. He doesn't care. He's always telling me to do what I want and not worry about him.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• 3 or 4 nights for us too....watch what you hate....it gets into the food...notice how people don't eat meals of a pissed off cook~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I cook big meals and I work full time. LOL We do other stuff in between though. I do have sandwiches or easy stuff occasionaly though. And I utilize the Crock Pot a lot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I cook a full meal maybe three times a week (OK, maybe 4 in the winter when I don't want to leave the house.) The rest of the time we eat leftovers, or I make something light (like a salad with some protein on top), or we have something else quick and easy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I get up in the morning and cook breakfast, lunch consists of leftovers or sandwiches, and I cook supper from scratch as well... 7 nights a week unless I am sick, then it's sandwiches.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No I dont cook big meals all week. My dh is picky some nights he may fee like something that I dont have the ingredients right off hand to cook. We eat out 2-3 times during the week.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope.

I cook dinner usually 3-4 times a week. My husband and I usually go out the other nights, since we are out and about doing things anyway, we go ahead and have a nice dinner out together.

When I cook.. I cook.. Big home cooked meals.. But that's also part of the reason I only cook a few days a week. I'm not doing that everyday.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope! I cook about 3-4 times a week, and easy stuff the others!
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, since it is just hubby and I. Babygirl is only 3 months right now. I cook usually whatever hubby requests. sometimes all he wants in chicken and potatoes nothing special
    BeckieLea

Answer by BeckieLea at 12:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My husband works Monday thru saturday, So those are the days i cook, On sunday we go to church & we eat out. YOU could just cook a meal for your husband & kids, just make yourself a sandwich, Or whatever it is that you want.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010