• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever had to buy a 2nd airline ticket because of your size?

What guidelines do they use in determining that you have to buy a 2nd ticket? I'm 5'1'' 210lbs and just wondering. I was watching the airline show this morning and a woman had to buy a 2nd ticket. She was bigger than me but I didn't see the guidelines they told her they used.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Travel

• You know those seat have gotten smaller over the years and not much leg room as well.  Can make for an unpleasant flight.

Here is Southwest Customer of Size information.  You can look up your particular airlines guidelines. 

Happy flighting.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You'll be fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't know what the guidlines are but they are in place for your comfort and the comford of the other passangers on the plane. My husband (6 ft and 175 lbs), me (5 ft 2 and 145 lbs) and our 5 year old daughter are a tight fit in three seats on a row, Dh and I each fill a seat.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i once was the center seat between these 2 really big guys and thier butts and arms and stomach were like over flowing into my seat... ugh they told me they made sure to ask for seats not next to each other so they have enough room- i didnt though and i was a size 8 then!!!! ugh i really wished they made them buy that 3rd seat
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i think its only South west that introduced that, that could have changed by now though
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2010