What do you think his goal was in doing this?

My ex-husband contacted me after 12 years saying he wanted to catch up and have a relationship with my daughter (I don't say "our" because his parental rights were terminated). I told him he didn't have any right to see her, and I also told him he was catching me out off guard and I couldn't really respond (12 years with no contact is a long time). He made a big deal about how he had changed, which I assume was intended to help his case. As of yesterday I hadn't called or e-mailed him back yet. Yesterday my current husband received an unmarked envelope with nude photos of me, etc. There was no note or anything, so we can only guess that he sent this in an attempt to make trouble for me. Can you think of any other reason he might have sent the photos to my husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh, I am 100% positive he is mentally unstable. No stable minded person does crap like that. If he was stable, he would go about having a relationship the right way, would he not? AND, he wouldn't have held onto nude photo's of you for so long, either. I was going to suggest keeping track of everything he does, or you suspect is of his doing. And try to keep your hubby from beating his ass. :) Sooner or later, the law will deal with him, he will cross the line to where he will be arrested, if he hasn't already.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• it proves he hasn't changed...continue to keep him out of your life.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would open up a case with the police dept, this is harrasment, sexual harrasment at that. You said that your dh received an unmarked envelope but you didnt say how he got it or where he got it. Start keeping track of all contacts made by your ex to you. Make copies of texts and e-mails and dates and times of phone calls. Also, write down what was said in the conversation. What you are trying to do is build a case against him so you can go to court and request a restraining order on him, best way to keep him out of your life and your childs life. If he doesnt get the point, the law will make sure that he does.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• To show him that he had you first. Its a male pride thing.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You are staying strong & he feels like you are trying to make his life hell... so he's trying to ruin yours.. I wouldn't let him see my child./
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He kept those pics for that long? What a creep. I agree with keisha.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He is trying to cause problem with you and your husband. Your husband will be able to tell that they are old photos too. I mean you are going nothing wrong right :) and he knows this so be stronger than him and dont react to the photos, gets them even madder lol I know trust me :D
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• at first i was going to say that he should have a relationship with his child but after reading about the photos i would have to rethink that. he doesn't sound very mature. i just feel bad for the child that doesn't know their real father. it's so important that children know who they are a part of. it's to bad that this father is being this way. i would have to find out from others if he really has changed. i bet after they mailed those he really regretted his decision. i have done those oops moments before. just think about what best for your child and see what else this so called father does.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The envelope was mailed to our home address. We spoke to an attorney after the initial contact. At that point she said we didn't have enough to file a restraining order, but if he continued to bother us we could. I guess I might call her again and see if this is enough. I've got a feeling he's not going to just drop it. Luckily, my current husband is awesome and was not phased by my ex's latest stunt.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He is trying to cause trouble for you because he feels like you are causing trouble for him. He is just being immature.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010