Do you pray? Do you think it works?

What was a time you remember that God answered Prayer?

This is not a debate question it is a yes or no question.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My prayers are almost always answered and pretty quickly. A big one recently, I asked God to surround and fill my family and myself with His peace and about four months later He did. We had peace like we've never known before. It was amazing and wonderful. And we still have more peace now than we ever have. So, YES!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When I was about 10 I was at camp out in the woods in PA and there was a tornado warning in the area. We were staying in A-frame cabins with nothing but screens to keep the weather out and I was terrified. I prayed to God to let the storm pass and as if right on cue, the rain and the wind let up dramatically. I don't know it if was an answered prayer or not but it was definitely perfect timing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I am a true believer that God answers prayers. He might not come when you need him but he is right on time. He has answered mine many of times.
    flodabb

Answer by flodabb at 12:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No and no.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I do. Yes it does.
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes! And yes!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh, I didn't answer your third question.. God answers all prayers.. Sometimes that answer is no. I don't have the time to list all the wasy God has answered my prayers.. I can only tell you that he has.. Many many times..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. And I think our idea of what prayer is for is vary different. I see prayer not as a time to ask for favors, but simply to connect and communicate with my Higher Power. In that sense, yes, it works. However, besides asking for the Gods to watch over those I care for, I have never asked anything else of them - if I want something done I do it myself.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sometimes...I am a very inconsistent person, unfortunately. I go through times when I pray deeply daily (read the bible, ask for forgiveness, show my gratitude, etc.) & then some time will go by & I don't do it (I feel very guilty at those times)...As far as God answering a prayer, I don't know if it was prayer or just the way it was supposed to go.
    girlygrandma

Answer by girlygrandma at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do little prayers every now and then, usually something like please make sure I make it home (because I am paranoid my car is going to break down). Do I think my prayers are answered when I get home safely? Dunno, maybe it is just luck. The only time I felt a 'prayer' work was when I did a spell. However, it did take some time for the spell to work.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010