Does your baby seem to have a 6th sense about when you are busy?

My 2 month old is notorious for suddenly needing me the second I'm busy doing something else.
Like this morning he was quietly lying on the floor just looking around and being happy. He wasn't fussing so I figured I was good to get some breakfast. No sooner did I pour the milk and he started throwing a fit so I had to scarf down my cereal so I could deal with him.

He did the same thing at dinner last night. He was fine the whole time I was cooking and as soon as I started dishing out the food to the other kids the baby started throwing a fit so I didn't get to eat with them. Luckily my 9yo son volunteered to finish feeding him so I could eat while it was still relatively hot.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 12:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yea its so true. Everytime i wana do something she cries but when im just there shes fine. Im like sheesh mama needs a 5min break lol!
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my 3 month old crys to be fed every night (unless he is sleeping) when i am making dinner. even if he ate ahalf hour before that, he wants to be fed as soon as i start dinner.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. That's just how babies are! Gotta' love them!! Good Luck!! And if you're tired and overwhelmed it seems worse. But this is typical. Later on this will be all good memories!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Amazing how they do that, isn't it?
    hobbyhorse

Answer by hobbyhorse at 12:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Esp. when the phone rings!!
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 12:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• YES YES YES YES YES LOL YES YES YES!

surrender

MAKES ME GIVE UP SOMETIMES LOL AS WELL AS DRIVE ME CRAZY!

agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh, yes. They're programmed for that. **grin** Know the real reason for bonding? So you don't EAT him when he does things like this!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Haha... not a 6th sense.... just a baby. They are all like that... unless ur baby is some freak of nature angel child... mine where the same way lol
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes!!!!! Were trying to move and packing is SO not getting done!! So my mom is on her way right now for some nana and baby time so we can hopefully get most of this done in a couple of hrs!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's evil. It's like they want us to suffer, lol.
    My 4yo and 7yo girls are also horrible about suddenly "needing" me the second I close my bedroom door. In our old house my computer was in my room and from the desk I could look out the door and see the living room. They would sit forever in the living room minding their business and then I'd close my door to get dressed and suddenly one and/or the other would burst in and need me to get them something or they just HAD to tell me something. For crying out loud. I once asked them if they thought I was going to jump out the window if I shut my door. It's like they were checking to make sure I was still in there even though I only had the door closed for 5 seconds. I'm so glad my door here locks and I have my own bathroom, lol.
    justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010