How has your education helped you?

I have been staying home for over a year now, working part-time as a tutor from home. It recently became necessary for me to go back to work and, because I have my degree, I was able to register to substitute teach on a Wednesday and begin subbing the next Monday. I would probably still be searching for a job if I didn't have my education to fall back on. It was the first time in my life I really recognized the security it offers. How has your education helped you?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My education degree has let me teach for a couple of years at a public school and when I've needed part-time jobs, it's my degree and work experience that gets me the job right away. My fashion design degree let me design apparel for a nationwide company and has gotten me an interview to another clothing company this week! It's definitely gotten my foot in the door.
    Anonymous

• definately. i can now support my family if need be.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think my education has helped me understand there are many more options for pregnancy, labor, delivery, and parenting then we are usually taught. (I studied cultural anthropology).
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Turns out, my "real world" education has helped me more in my life than my "institutional" education.
    I'm a sahm mom of three and we homeschool. My life experiences have been put into practice more often than the textbook type studies I've done. If I had to go back out to the work force, I would be able to contribute to the household financially, but I would not be able to support my family all on my own. When the kiddos are older and more responsible, I plan on going back to school. Kuddos to all of you young ladies who have already put their plan to action! :)
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2008