Can anyone tell me why some women .........................?

If you read through some of these questions you'll come across some that involve what appears to be "no brainers". For example there is one that asks what to do if the fiancé wants her but not her child....... the hubby that is endangering the life of the wife and unborn child.... What does that say about women (not all of us, but a large percentage unfortunately) when we are programmed to accept men's bs regardless of the costs to us?

hibicent

Asked by hibicent at 9:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it could be one of a couple things....first for some I don't think you realize how bad things are until you say them out loud or put them in writing. It is kind of a wake up call of sorts for them to see that one their situation isn't healthy and two by the replies it isn't the norm.

Beyond those women I think there are a certain percentage that blow situations out of proportion. We all have or had friends who complain about life but never do anything to fix things...usually those are the ones that like to add details or drama for the attention. From my experience they also tend to be the ones who don't have enough positive things gonig on that they create drama to get negative attention...

Finally I think there is a small group of people on here that just make stuff up...
    shrtsassycutie

Answer by shrtsassycutie at 11:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I agree with you. I think people post those just for moral support. They already know what they need to do.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Most women know what to do but need to hear it from someone else. Its pretty stupid though if it affects a child
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You must have read the question from the woman who says her husband wants to have sex but it could endanger the pregnancy and if he can't have oral for hours then he wants to have sex with someone else until the baby is born !!!!!!!! Some women put up with the dumbest shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I agree with Steph. They do need to hear it from someone else I think for comfort. But you have to remember that some women mentally cannot make the first step to get help because of fear. Just like battered wife syndrome. They want to leave, but the fear and the emotional impact of losing a man though they are tortured on a daily bases, won't allow them to do so.

Some woman on here are also just plain phony and post some pretty stupid questions.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• It just amazed me, I mean I have read so many posts regarding one form of abuse or another, but some of them are mind blowing. It is obvious with some of them as kscmbz stated, are phony, but there are others that make me just stare in astonishment at my computer screen. Why is it that as women, we have such a difficult time accepting the fact that we do deserve respect and decency from our other halves?

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Some women are just oblivious about how there men are treating them tell someone tells them what they see. Some women just can't help it cause they think they are so inlove.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• While I don't agree with it by any means, nor do I excuse it, we all must keep in mind the way people are raised and that playing a HUGE factor in the beliefs and acceptance as adults. If mom allowed dad to abuse her (mentally, physically, emotionally, sexually) and no one ever blinked twice, the children grow up to believe that's the norm. And when they ask the questions about what to do, I think they feel it's as simple as something THEY can change and the idea of leaving the loser, piece-of-shit is nowhere in their spectrum of options. JMO

expecting girl

mamajones09

Answer by mamajones09 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think it's sad, our kids should be FIRST no matter WHAT or WHO is involved. I unfornunantly just had to cut off my own mother as it was endangering the welfare of my kids....doesn't matter who it is like I said YOU are the one that is there to protect them NO one else...and if you don't who will?! Sorry but this is something that gripes me, I feel your frusteration here.....Common sense really DOES seem to be a thing of the past.....
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 11:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Sometimes life can be very lonely, and if the woman's family is not supportive, and her friends aren't doing much better with their own lives, they stay. If they've failed at work, school, or a previous relationship and don't think they are capable, they put up with it. If they've asked family for help and all the family does is insult them - they're no better than the abuser. Family can often say "I don't know why you're with him" and then when you ask for help they turn it to: "don't call me with your problems."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2008