What would you decide?

Ok, so shorty story version, my husband has to work a concert event tonight for his job (army recruiting)...he's been to this concert before, it is a solute the troops type concert and went with his friend when he first enlisted 8 years ago...

now he has to work the event (recruiting) until 6:30, which is when they tear down their tent and all to get ready for the concert, which is now optional to stay at. He can come home after he tears down all their equipment.

hes like i dont care but make a decision and tell me what you want...ok im JEALOUS...ive not EVER been to one band concert ever, and ive tried to get him to go with me in the past and he WONT :( like all i ever do is be with our kids 24/7...so i dont want him to stay. I know im being a bad wife, but seriously, he wont do anything with me ever so why should he get to have all the fun all of the time?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I can see why you are upset. When we first meet someone, they want to spend every second with us. They love us, and everything about us. Then, comes marriage and children. The strength and urgency of "being together" dissipates, but the love grows and deepens into something very strong.
    Love has cycles . . . . hang in there . . . . eventually, you will both be retired and enjoying your "newfound" time and recreation with one another.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He is being selfish. Why not get a sitter and go see the concert (free) it will not cost you anything. What is the big deal? He needs to check himself.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Why do you think you are being a bad wife? It's too bad you married a man that doesn't want to have fun with you. You don't have to depend on him. Make girl friends with kids and do things with them with and without kids. I took my grandson to an Owl City concert when he was 18 mo and we are going to see Colbie Caillat at the AZ State Fair next month when he is 26 mo. He LOVES music and Owl City and Colbie are two of his favorites. He had a blast at the Owl City concert. He recognized the band from watching  videos on YouTube. We had no problems taking him to a concert. I was a single mom with 3 sons and I did all kinds of things with my kids without a man.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He's working at the concert, right? The tickets are limited, right? Maybe I'm missing something here but how's that his fault? And why is it his fault that you're not going out to have "fun"? You cannot allow someone to take away from you having a life, regardless if its your husband or not. You deserve to have sometime alone too, even if it means finding a sitter to do it.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You aren't being a bad wife.. Why can't he invite you to go too?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Tell him youre jealous. Maybe you could let him stay for the concert, as long as he does something with you that you want to do?
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Agreed. My hubby's 11 years older than me and it always seems that he's already seen every band that I want to! LoL mine's pretty cool about watching our DD and letting me go have fun @ a show with my friends from time to time (it helps that his best friend has a little boy about our daughter's age, so they hang out and the kids play while I go get hammered and beat up in the mosh pit).
    Do you have anyone other than DH you could go with? Maybe have HIM watch the kids (or if he won't, hire a babysitter) and go with a few friends the next time a show you want to see rolls into town.
    Good luck! :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Tell him why it will upset you if he goes. Tell him you think it sucks that he'll go to that concert but not go to one with you. Don't just say no and don't just complain without giving your real reason or else he'll think you're just being the nagging wife.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Why does he need your permission to stay at the concert or not? And, did you ask him to take you too? Who said you couldn't go in the first place? What do you mean "he wont do anything with me ever so why should he get to have all the fun all of the time"? Misery loves company right? Will it make you feel better if he is miserable too?
    Why not make plans for him to come home and the two of you do something special at home together?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sorry, I didn't see your answer as to why you can't go..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010