My eleven year old daughter wants to be a vampire for Halloween.

Are you shocked. No? Surprised? Not so much?

Me either.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on how to get her skin to sparkle like the twilight vampires do. (especially good products.)

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• Wait....old time vampire or twilight vampire?
    Obviously twilight.
    -sigh-
    GAH. I hate twilight. Can we get a Eric Northman vampire? Or a Bill Compton vampire? Please?
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• "Shimmer" powder. You can get it just about anywhere.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would get super super light foundation base cream and then they have glitter power you could brush on.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would go with the brush on glitter on her face, and the spray on glitter "shimmer" stuff for body!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Definitely use the shimmer powder as suggested earlier. I wouldn't spray the glitter spray on her skin because it may cause irritation and make her miserable.
    laffin4fun

Answer by laffin4fun at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Look for a sparkly highlighting cream, and use it as a foundation.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with the shimmer powder suggestion. If you can find one cheap enough (and big enough), I would use that on any exposed skin, and not just her face. I would start off with a really cheap, very pale foundation (unless she's naturally uber pale) and powder, apply it to any skin that's going to be exposed (and a little more, in case the fabric moves). Then use the shimmer powder over that. I would also use some eye shadow or something in a REALLY light gray/brown to do the hollow cheek bones and a little under the eyes, but not too much. Just enough to add a little definition. That's just me, though lol.

And no, I'm not surprised. I was a vampire (the first time) when I was like 6 or 7. I was Elvira when I was 11 (it was my middle name before I changed it lol).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• shimmer powder. my 9 year old wants to dress up as a vampire to lol
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have grown kids, so I'll leave the make up to the Mom w/kids, my hubby always did the make-up when they were scary anyway. But I'm not surprised she wants to be a vampire, that's what it's about being something fun and different. I hope she looks great and has a really good time.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• good luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2010