if i gave my daughter tylenol four hours ago can she have motrin now?

She is very sick and the doctor told me to to give her motrin every six hours (but that was after I gave her the tylenol). She is eleven months old.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If her fever is back up, yes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, it's okay. But for Mortrin wait 6 hours before giving her Tylenol . Hope she feels better soon. HUGS
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes. I believe you alternate every 4 hrs.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm not a doctor and I'd recommend you check with your pediatrician first before you rely on any medical advice, but my doctor told me that if necessary, I could piggyback a dose each of Tylenol and Motrin on occasion.

geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You can give both at the normal "4 or 6 hour in between"...Just dont start at the same time...

Like Tylenol at 1pm, 4pm, 8pm
    Motrin at 230pm, 830pm, 230am

If the doses are needed!

Like the 830pm dose of motrin probably wont be needed since you gave tylenol at 8pm(based on the times i explained). The reason you can give both and not have to wait between the two is because it is two different medicines...Acetaminophen(tylenol) and IB Profin(motrin)...

Hope she feels better soon!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would call a pharmacy and ask them,I always do and they r very helpful. Call a walgreens one. Or where ever.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• you can alternate between the two- and 4 hours is more than enough time to give another dose of tylonal OR motrin.
    MomsOfTwinGirls

Answer by MomsOfTwinGirls at 1:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Ypu can give tylenol and motrin at the same time. They are different medications. So say you gave them both at noon. You could re dose the tylenol at 4pm and the motrin at 6pm. You can give them together just make sure its 4hr between tylenol doses and 6 between motrin doses!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes you can alternate ever 4 hours to keep a fever/ pain down. My ped had me do it all the time because my son had fevor spikes to 104 everytime he would get shots for 1-3 days after they were given
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes that is what they told me to do when my 10 month old was running a fever.
    mmprincess

Answer by mmprincess at 2:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010