Awesome oppurtunity! Not sure if I should take it or not. What do you think?

Recently seperated, currently jobless/looking for work, 4 kids. I have an oppurtunity to move 5hrs away and start making about $3800 month w/benefits working for the state. Pay increase to $5000 in a year. Cons: kids in bigger city, away from their Dad.

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 1:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would take the chance to make money, and support yourself and your children.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If I were in your shoes, I would definitely take the chance!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• In this economy I would take it. I grew up in a city and there was way more for me to do than the rural community I live in now
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Their dads visits would go to every other weekend instead of 3 a month. And I would have 2 go 2 a 4wk training and the kids would stay w/ grandma then move down with me. Oldest son is 10. We would be moving near a big city that has gangs for first year.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Comment by Caoimhe_Oona (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That sounds like alot of money to be working for the state. My state only pays a small fraction of that on average! But, if it's legit, than do it!! In this economy you can't be too choosy! And with 4 kids to raise.......Anyway, dad can travel, or the kids can travel as they grow up. As a child of divorce, traveling was the one thing I got to look forward to! And kids in a bigger city.....great! More for them to do, keep themselves occupied! Sounds like a great opportunity. Good Luck!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 1:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• take it!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would go for it! It's too hard in this ecomony to pass something this good.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• wow...great opportunity! Really need to consider your "support" people too for emotional support and help with kids. Do you know anyone in the new area? 5 hours away is workable for long week-end visits, but is still 5 hrs. away and does get old fast. Ages of kids would make a difference..uprooting kids over 12 can wreak havoc. Good Luck! BTW, the $ is tempting!!!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 1:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Even cities with gangs have good neighborhoods to live in......just make the extra effort to find those neighborhoods. Don't CHOOSE to live near the gangs. And enroll all the kids in anti gang programs. If the city is that heavy with gangs there are lots of anti gang programs available.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 1:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh, absolutely! That's a wonderful opportunity! Good luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010