For those who believe in God(s)/Higher Power(s)

Do you believe in Satan? Who is Satan/what does he do?
For those who believe in God/Goddesses/Higher Power, but not Jewish/Christian/Muslim is there anything/one like Satan in your beliefs?

Sparrow4

Asked by Sparrow4 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Satan 's name is Lucipher and he is a fallen angel who was and still is wanting to be over God...not gonna happen!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 1:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I like to believe there is a Heaven and a God. I am Catholic by birth, but I do not practice any religion. I had my son Baptised Protestant (DH's religion by birth). I have seen, what people have told me are spirits in pictures. I like to think there is somewhere you go when you die. I don't really think there is a Hell though, maybe more of a purgatory where they send you back to try to be a better person.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, I don't believe in Satan. I don't believe there has to be an ultimate evil to balance things out or to tempt people into misdeeds or be the scapegoat for human failings.

I think (IMHO) Satan is an excuse people make because they can't admit that, sometimes, people do bad things of their own free will.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No. Satan is a purely Abrahamic belief. I do not believe the Gods are perfect, so I don't have a need to offset that perfection with evil. I believe all things have both aspects of dark and light in them - including the Gods.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope. Sabrina summed it up nicely. There's a dark and a light side to everything from nature, to people, to the Gods IMO.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No and No.

Sabrina answered well for me too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do not believe in Satan, no.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope... Sabrina and geminilove said what i would say about this.... thanks for saving me some key stokes! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010