I'm so happy I could cry!

For the past month my son who is 14 months, his lips have been turning blue quiet a lot, so I addressed it to his doctor at an unrelated doctors visit. She goes into to tell me something can be wrong with his heart and he needs to see a cardiologist within the next 48-72 hours. So I started to freak and panic.
Today he saw the cardiologist and everything came out just find. An EKG was done and it came out fine. The doctor wants to do a heart echo just to be sure but he doubts he'll find anything. Hearing this made me so happy. We have heart problems on both sides of our family so it scared me to death. Hearing that he's heart sounds/looks great makes me want to cry of happiness.
Anyone else ever have a health scare with your kiddos and everything came out just fine?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I am glad that everything came out fine for your baby.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Im so happy for you, that is great news! My son had a digestive disorder that the pediatricians couldnt idnetify, they wanted to put him on a depression med for it. I finally got a referral to a specialist who dignosed the problem. She put son on the right med and he got better. I will never, ever again go on the word of a pediatrician if I believe there is more involved. I would have never put my son on depression meds at the age of 9.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm happy for you. Do they know what is causing his lips to turn blue? My son was born with a skull fracture and a left temporal hemmorhage (most likely caused by some complications during birth). He turned blue the next day and was rushed to another hospital, more well equipped. They put him on anti-seizure meds for the first 6 months of his life. He is now a happy, healthy, 4 year-old boy!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Aww I'm so happy for you! I know what a relief it is to find out everything is just fine so congrats!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm happy for you that your baby's heart looks fine.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• glad all is ok =)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010