Does it annoy you when someone likes a show only because of how sexy an actor is?

I have a friend like that. Cannot have a worthwhile conversation about a show. It's like this:

Me: "What did you think about (insert show/movie title)?"
Friend: "OMG (insert actor name) is so effing HOT!!"
Me: "Ok yeah, but what do you think about what happened?"
Me: *facepalm*

I really do try to get her take on things, but that's pretty much what happens, LOL.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That would get annoying. I have a problem watching movies/TV shows with my husband sometimes because he doesn't really pay attention and then walks off or starts asking questions during. I am like I already know what is going to happen how did you miss that huge part?? I really get into movies or TV shows to. I have to have complete silence (which with kids is impossible) so I watch stuff like that after bedtime.
    By the way my favorite thing is when I think I know just what is going to happen and then WAM even I get surprised. I love that because I am normally two steps ahead of everything that happens and rarely get taken by surprise.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Hey, that's the main reason I watch NCIS - Mark Harmon, yum!!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sometimes. Every now and then I'll watch something because of an actor but if it's no good, I won't be watching it again, no matter how hot the actor is. If the story is no good, hotness does not save it, IMO.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

LOL You stole my answer, I love that guy........I bet he's more my age than yours tho........lol       Wish I could put his pic in for you, but bet you got some too.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have eye candy sitting right next to me, and I even get to play with it! When I watch something it is because I find it interesting.

But hey, not everyone can be as lucky as I am! I get to LIVE with my eye candy. ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

LOL You stole my answer, I love that guy........I bet he's more my age than yours tho........lol Wish I could put his pic in for you, but bet you got some too.

Oh, I think he's only 5-6 years older than me. The perfect age difference when you look like him, right?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• nah, the more they watch the better the ratings and the better the ratings the longer my fave show is on!
    Felixkitty

Answer by Felixkitty at 1:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• why do I care why someone else watches something?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• In my opinion, she isn't really watching the show, then. She's just fantasizing about Mr. Hotness while the show plays on her TV.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Mark Harmon DOB: 9/2/1951 according to iMDB.com. And yes, he's pretty hot.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010