What would you tel mil and sil why you are not attending shower?

I declined to go to an ex-neighbor's son's bridal shower. I am not close with them at all, we do not even exchange xmas cards.When they come to visit my inlaws next door, they do not even stop by but will ask for my son to go over to say hello. So I declined. What should I say to mil and sil becuase I know I will get why aren't you coming?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say just that. That you don't feel close to them and that they haven't made an effort to be actual friends, you are more like acquaintances than friends. And that you don't feel comfortable going. As my DH always says, keep it simple-stupid. lol
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Because you're not close with them at all seems like a good answer to me!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• previous arrangements.... idk....
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Because you don't feel a genuine invite? That's what I get out of it. They don't communicate any other time, except when you would be bringing a gift, so...it's not really genuine. I wouldn't go, either.

Or, just tell them you need to wash you hair:)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• umm because i don't want to? Showers aren't a mandatory thing if you don't want to go you don't
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'd tell them that you can tihnk of better things to do than go to a shower for people you hardly know.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 1:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Tell them that you really can't spend the money right now for a gift for someone that you do not even know. And you can't go without a gift. Tell them to tell the other people that you had a previous engagement.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010