Do you suffer pain on a daily basis?? If so, how do you deal with it?

SasyCasy71

Asked by SasyCasy71 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I do! And I am so tired of taking drugs (pain pill) for it. Wish I could just rid myself of all my pains.
    SasyCasy71

Comment by SasyCasy71 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do and have for years. I just think positive, try to do what Ican, I do not take pain pills other than aleve. I refuse to let my pain dictate my personality, tho some days there are things I just can not do, but find something else to occupy my mind. Good luck to you hon, it's no fun for sure........

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. I have chronic headaches. Daily headaches. They aren't migraines, they are tension headaches but they can get to be just as debilitating. I am on daily topamax which has decreased their frequency, and i have pain meds but now i have built up a tolerance to those so i find myself having to take 5-6 of them insead of just 2. And i don't want my dr. to cut me off thinking i'm abusing them,so when i run out of my script in 1-2 weeks i have another 2-3 weeks that i have to do without before i can refill them. But I usually wait another few weeks to refill them just because I don't want myself getting addicted to them. I also have arthritis in my knees and i'm only 30 :( too many years of cheering and running long distance and gymnastics took it's toll. When that acts up it hurts just to try to go up and down my stairs. I've tried daily glucosamine/chondroitin supplements but they don't help. I just take it a day at a time!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. I am 35. I have RA, I have migraine/tension headache combo, I also have heal spurs and plantar facciatis. (sp wrong, I know) I got the last two going to the gym trying to lose weight. Then I had a doc tell me if I wasn't so over weight, I wouldn't have those problems. Ass. I take meds for the RA. I take 400mg of Celebrex, topamax, meds for the migraines. I have flector patch for my foot. And I wear a boot to bed at night. I'm done with the foot problems. I'm 35. I've had this problem for about 3 years. I'm getting surgery. I also get PT for the migraines.
    How do I deal? Not very well sometimes. I get cranky, and I cry. Which makes it worse. I don't have good coping skills. I can give advice on how to cope, but I cannot follow it myself.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010