After school routines?

What is your routine with/for your children for after school?

When my kids get off the bus, they check the mail, come in, say hi to the dog that is so excited that they are home, they do their homework, I quiz them on their spelling words, they hang their backpacks up and then play until I start cooking dinner.

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We're just starting to get into a routine. We've moved and after school now is so different from the last 3 years. They get off the bus around 4pm and are supposed to come straight home. Then they do homework at the kitchen counter while I cook dinner. Once they are done with homework they straighten up their rooms or do any chores they haven't gotten done yet and/or eat dinner if it's done.
    After dinner they are out the door to play with friends until 7pm. Then they have to come in and either take a shower/bath or do their reading before bed which is at 8pm.
    Wednesdays they have a half day so after they get homework done they go out to play until dinner time and then the same routine applies.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• They all come inside for snack and while they are eating I go through the bookbags and sign notes and check for homework. After they eat they are all allowed to watch tv( if it is raining) or we go outside to play. Homework is done after dinner
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Not sure yet, he's not in school. But I want to set a routine since he;s always been on one.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• snack, homework, play
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He comes in grabs a bottle of water, (he is five btw) takes off his shoes, & sits down at the kitchen table to do homework. While he is doing his homework, Im at least starting dinner. After homework we eat dinner & then he goes outside to play for about an hour. Then its time to come in, wash up, brush teeth, do chorus & head to bed for bedtime stories.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010