Has anyone used a small suitcase for their hospital bag??

I was going to bring 2 smaller bags, but found that the suitcase would be so much easier! I just feel stupid bringing a suitcase. I'm not sure why. Anyone else use one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did, and it was way easier. It held my pillow, clothes, toiletries, and dh's stuff as well. I also brought a babybag full of diaper's, baby clothes, and blankets.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well, if I knew that my stay was going to be longer than usual, I would have brought a small suitcase. Leave it out in the car, when you go in and have your DH/SO go back and get it once you are situated. That way, if anyone looks dumb, it's him! LOL I would take it if I were you.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I did.....and many women I know have! Don't feel stupid, FEEL SMART!!!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 1:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sure , why not it works.......
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I used my suitcase on wheels and pulled that into the hospital with me. I will use it again for this one. It is so easy and fits everything you need. : )
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i didn't pack a bag-that was stupid. we lived nearby the hospital so my hubs packed a few things after DS was born and brought them to me. i didn't pack bc i was superstitious that i would never go into labor if i was really prepared-THAT WAS REALLY STUPID. lol. when my midwife suggested i might be in labor, i started to pack my bag, but as i was reaching into the closet, my water broke and i forgot all about it, lol. a suitcase seems like a better idea bc then you have everything in one bag. who cares if its big?!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• don't feel stupid. Take as much as you think you need. I only took a few things. I packed a bigger diaper bag with my sons stuff and mine and carried my pillow but so many people would bring me stuff it took 4 trips to get everything to the car...I wished id taken a bigger bag
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i wish i would have thought of a small suitcase when i had my ds...great idea yes i would take the suitcase...more convenient :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I use a diaper bag, and an army bag! I have done this so many times, that I have it packed 4 monthes ahead! I leave the day after tho, so I dont need a whole lot! Luckily I can bring normal clothes as I am about 10 lbs. less after I give birth! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My husband, and I used a small suitcase for the hospital bag. That was the only way we could fit everything recommended to have for the hospital stay. We are very glad that we did, so don't feel stupid at all. If anything, it is practical and smart. Congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 2:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010