My 7 month old twins aren't sitting!? Worried/Concerned

Hey everyone, I'm a first time parent here... I have twin boys who are 7months old, just for a little history, they were born 2 months early due to their umbilical chord being entangled so their actual age is 5months. Anyways... they're not sitting up yet & recently I've been noticing a lot of my friends babies sitting... They both roll over both directions & are as talkative as can be but no sitting?

Help Help! I need to ease my mind.

ps. I use a bumbo to try and help them & they seem to do okay with that <3

TwinMamaKels

Asked by TwinMamaKels at 1:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since thier adjusted age is 5 months i would not worry at all mama! Alot of kiddos dont sit at 5 months. I wouldnt worry until they got to 9 months adjusted age. 9 months is when my friends pedi told her to have her daighter evaluated cause she wasnt sitting.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Don't freak! I think 8months is the average. I started to worry a little when my son wasn't sitting on his own at 8months. Babies do things at different times. Don't worry, it sounds like your babies are right on track, especially for being born premature.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh mama, I would totally not worry about it at this point! They are still very young! They are rolling over and it will come with time. Give them sitting time when you can, I used to sit on the floor with my son between my legs facing the opposite direction so that I could help him if he started to tip. They just need to develop the muscles to be able to hold themselves up. You are doing a great job, before you know it, they'll be crawling and sitting all on their own! :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Our daughter was 6 weeks early and started sitting around 8 months well... for about a month before that she may have sat for 10 seconds or so before falling over. Our Dr told us not to worry about it until 9 months though as that is really the age when it is considered a milestone... and for us to take into account her adjusted age even then.
    MomsOfTwinGirls

Answer by MomsOfTwinGirls at 1:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Not sitting up at 5 months (their adjusted age) is NOT a concern at all!!!! Hang in there and give them some time!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yep, technically they are only 5 mos old. I don't know too many 5 mo babies that sit up!lol Mine didn't do it until 9 mos, then the just took off walking! Geeze! It was fast.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No worries, they are still within the range for sitting both in birth age and developmental age. Rolling over goes from 4-7 months (so for your boys 6-9 months) and I don't remember what sitting independently is, but I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The Bumbo will help them build the muscles necessary to sit on their own. So will sitting them up on a play mat and holding their hands so they have to balance themselves.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010