How old should your child/children be before they are allowed to have a myspace page, facebook,etc.....

msbrewton

Asked by msbrewton at 1:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• The TOS says 13. My son was 10.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Depends on the child. Watch it like a HAWK though...Myspace is...hmm...whats the word....You just never know....
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My brother is 9 and has had a Facebook page for over a year. He just plays the games on there and has family members on his friends list. My dad & stepmom check it out all the time, watch to make sure no weirdos are sending odd friend requests. I even have his login/password & will occasionally check it myself.
    ireland.runaway

Answer by ireland.runaway at 2:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My kids were all 13 before we let them sign up on Facebook. They're not allowed to access Myspace on our home computer. It's in the living room so they can't get on it privately and they don't have computers in their rooms. Can't be too careful these days. BTW, the TOS are there for a reason and letting your child have a page when they're younger is foolish.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We set up a special faccebook page for our family with DD's pics and videos. It's for close friends and family only. So we don't bombard people we work with with pics of our kid. Plus, our family account it private. She's 3 months.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was fourteen when I got my first MySpace page. Maybe thirteen, but I really don't see a reason for anyone younger than that.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010