Aerosole sprays during pregnancy?

My puppy puked in my bedroom this morning so I used shot spot aerosole spray to clean it up... than I tried to lay back down but the smell was strong so I opened my sliding door to the outside (like 40 degrees outside) oh i froze plus the cieling fan... but my chest still started to burn... I finally just left the room, but I'm 27 weeks can inhaling it harm the baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of that so im not positive. i used aresol cans for diff thing when i was pregnant and everything was fine. If it bothers you just dont do it. It may just be your heightened senses from the pregnancy
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I doubt it was just the aerosol...probably a combination of the aerosol and the chemicals in the air...and like the pp said, your sense of smell is heightened during pregnancy. Obviously sitting around smelling any fumes isn't going to be good for you, pregnant or not...but if you're ventilating things and its rare that you encounter this (not like all the time at work or something) I wouldn't worry a bit about it harming your baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Read the can to see if the fumes are harmfull to being breathed in. Sounds like they may be harmful, if they made your chest burn.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008