When your kids have an appointment do you get there early or on time?

I get there on time and it drives me crazy that they never see you at that time anyways, usually 20-30 more minutes gosh!

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I use to get there early...but like you say..what's the point of getting there early when you still have to wait at least 30mins to be seen....so now i get there at the appt time.
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Usually early and it depends on which clinic I go to. If I am going to our family practice Doc, they are quick and we get right in. If we go to the dentist, they are SLOW and it takes forever!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i try to get there about 10 minutes early.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I try to be early for everything. Get the first appt of the day, then they haven't fallen behind yet.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Early. I am always at dr's offices 15-20 min early.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Unless something really weird is going on I get there early.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I know a lot of offices actually have you arrive 15 minutes before the actual appointment so that they can get the paperwork done before the appointment. That's how my office is, they schedule me for say 12:00. I get there on time, have them verify that my information is still the same, then they have me fill out any paperwork that is needed for the appointment. By the time I'm done, they are taking me back for my appointment. I get to my appointment no more than 5 minutes early, and never late. The office is great because if you've been waiting for more than 15 minutes, you can go up to the main desk and see what's going on and there is always a legitimate excuse as for the wait. And if it's going to be super late and they know it early on, I get a call asking if I want to reschedule or come in later. I love my doctor! It's why she is my son's doctor as well.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i'm early for EVERYTHING.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Early, by 15 minutes at least, preferably earlier if I can. There's always paperwork to fill out and the doc usually won't see you until the staff has had a chance to review the paperwork first, so if I get there early & get the paperwork done, then we're more likely to be seen on time.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I get there early because sometimes they will pass you over if your not there early! Then you have to wait for a longgggg time it seems.. It is just crazy...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010