No Sex?

So I am almost 7 weeks preggo and I went to the doctor this week and he said that everything looked good. I asked him and he said that the heartbeat was good. He never said that anything was wrong or that there was any concerns at this point. But he said that he wanted me to come back in two weeks and we should not have sex until I come back. I have never heard that before. Is that normal or do you think there is a concern?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard that either. They usually tell you to do it b/c its healthy. I guess i would just listen to him and ask him why when you go back.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• could be the baby is implanted low. that is fine but sex could cause bleeding. I had this as the pregnancy went on the placenta grew up so there was no problem if it grows down and covers the cervex then still ok but you have to have a c section.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I've never heard of only being 7 weeks along either and not being able to have sex.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Unless you have been having problems or had a hard time getting pregnant I have never heard of the doc telling someone to come back in 2 weeks if they were only 7 weeks pregnant. Appointments are usually every month until the 7th or 8th month. Sounds like he might have a concern based on this and the fact that he said no sex. I would find another doctor who will be honest and up front with you about everything. Seems like this doc wasn't.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• THAT DOES SOUND WEIRD I HAVE NVR HEARD OF THAT B4, UR DOCTOR SHUD HAVE BEEN HONEST WITH U AND TOLD U WHAT WAS GOING ON SO THAT U WUDNT WORRY IF U DONT HAVE A REASON 2
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• IM ALSO 7 WEEKS PREG AND I HAD A SONOGRAM THIS WK!! DID HE MENTION WHAT THE BABYS HEARTBEAT WAS?
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm about 11 weeks and my Doc says we can have sex for a long time still.
    JeniBowden

Answer by JeniBowden at 7:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Late post; but I wanted you to know that it is possible he might think you have placenta previa, but is still unsure and unable to clearly diagnose it; just wait it out and do as he asks, you don't want to risk anything :) GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 1:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2008