Sore bellybutton?

I am 6 months pregnant and a few weeks ago I noticed that when I walked to the counter my bellybutton pushed against the hard surface and really hurt. I then touched it and it hurt to touch. I have been putting lotion on it and it seems to help some but it is very sensitive. I assume its from being stretched, but I don't have an outie and I didn't with my first pregnancy either. Anyone else have that problem?

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did. My work counter was right at the same level as my belly button, so it would CONSTANTLY get rubbed. It hurt so bad! And I was convinced by belly button would pop, but it never did. It's being stretched tight, so it's understandable that it would be sore.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i didnt have this problem with my first pregnancy and it did start to stick out. this time it's very sore to the touch and isnt sticking out yet.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm going to assume that it's just a normal thing because it happened to me too. I never really thought much into it since I was ALL belly - everything was pushing on my poor little belly button I thought I might explode THROUGH it. Eep!
    ireland.runaway

Answer by ireland.runaway at 2:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Its normal, and BTW I had a cue innie before kids, then soon to be 5 kids later, my Belly button is very wide! After the baby you will notice that the inner part of the BB will be brown, and start to "dry" up! It is from the stretching, use mederma on it, and clean it with alcohol! GL!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My belly button was sore while I was pregnant also. I'm assuming it was normal, I never asked my OB about it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, this has happened to me recently and I am 20 weeks. I told my doctor about it and she said it is ok- normal.
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• its just bc the skin is thinner bc its being stretched. my belly button didn't pop out when i was preggers either, but it was still stressed. that was the answer my midwife gave me.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010