how can you tell how much weight you gained during pregnancy?

ok ladies i feel stupid...and i never bothered to ask my doc! before i was pregger's i was only weighing in at 100lbs...now i am almost 8 months (at my last appointment 10-16~ i measuared 31.5 weeks and weight 162lbs... please if you can if you know how to tell how much weight i gained thus far!...if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all!

mamactink

Asked by mamactink at 10:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 62 pounds isn't bad when you start out at 100. 62 pounds is bad when you start out at 150. It is perspective and body proportion.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 3:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• you have gained 62 lbs. take your current weight minus your prepregnancy weight that equals the weight you have gained.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I agree with the PP...62 lbs. They count any weight over your pre-pregnancy weight. It sounds like you were on the thin side to start with, so they probably wanted you to gain a little more than average anyway.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• wooow. Really?......the doc also said that i am all baby....i'm thin just my butt an thighs got it lol
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 10:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yes. You have gained 62 pounds so far. If your OB doctor is ok with your weight gain, then don't worry. The weight will come off with diet and exercise after your baby is born.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 10:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i know my weight will come off after baby...Cheyenne is 2 and breastfeed for 21 months stragiht till we found out we were expecting again...Dallas was planned...he wan't planned this early.....lol thanks ladies!
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 10:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My doctor told me it was safe to gain 25 to 35 pounds. More than that is dangerous because it can lead to hypertension and diabetes. It is also harder to lose the weight once you have had the baby.
    Fohrever

Answer by Fohrever at 11:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• you've gained around 62 pounds. not to sound mean or anything but thats a lot of weight to gain in 8 months. The more you gain throughout pregnancy the harder it is to lose it.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry, I gained between 50 and 60 with Ethan and it wasn't too hard to lose (just that last 10 pounds was hard). It was all off by time he was 1 and a half or 2. I didn't have high blood pressure or diabetes with him either. Now with this one I've only gained 23 pounds in 8 months and I DO have gestational diabetes. Go figure!
    CatFan

Answer by CatFan at 2:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008