Is Nancy going to drain the swamp? Shouldn't this politician be fired?

Maxine Waters [D]

From the moment Boston-based OneUnited Bank began seeking a federal bailout in the summer of 2008, it received special treatment that went beyond what the Treasury Department or the bank and its political supporters have previously disclosed.

Congress adjusted the law and regulators broke with customary practices, despite an explicit internal warning that the bank was in financial trouble. Among other exceptions, the bank was allowed to count as part of its capital $12 million in federal bailout money – before the aid arrived.

OneUnited was the only bank to receive all of these considerations among the 707 recipients of money from the Troubled Assets Relief Program, according to documents and interviews.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• she can't drain the swamp, she's one of the snakes.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nancy Pelosi doesn't have the power to fire Maxine Waters.

That's not how our government works.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It MUST be friday... my first thought when I read "Is Nancy going to drain the swamp?" was "what the hell is that a euphemism for? ... Wait... I don't think I want to know"
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think that's actually a question that needs to be posed to the House Ethics subcommittee tasked with the investigation.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• oh... and sorry... I don't have anything more on topic than that.... I didn't get passed the first sentence.... it's Friday, my brain no wanna workey.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh Fancy Nancy already drained the swamp. You must be confused about what she meant when she declared that she would. She meant she would get rid of the Republicans so they were powerless and she has admitted she has done so.
    Of course this woman should be tossed. We have one in (actually 2- Both Dems) that should be gone now in TX also but what should happen immediately is taking forever. Go figure
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If her actions didn't effect people nationally I would say that her constituents should have the final word. If they are too stupid to vote her out, they deserve what they get. The rest of us, however, shouldn't have to be subjected to her idiocy and corruption. Just like any other crooked politician (R or D).

Oh, and she had no intention of 'draining the swamp'.  Nor did this administration mean transparency in reference to their administration, just the last one. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think we should have gotten a concrete definition from Nancy, as to what "drain the swamp" meant to her because it's obvious, that her interpretation, is not the same as ours... And yes, Maxine should be fired but I will be very surprised if that actually occurs...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Read Full Article

Ohh and because OneUnited has failed to repay its TARP funds on time, TAXPAYERS will have to save the day...

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

No, she doesn't. But she also has a way of protecting Democrats that ARE under investigation (Rangel)..
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010