monster in law driving me crazy!

i have to stay with my monster in law! until my husband finds us a place. he's in the army and i have to wait until i have the orders to move but they said it will take 2-3 weeks for them to get it signed , but i dont know how long it is going to take for us to get a place on post. i just can't stand my mother in law bc she is always in our buisness and tries to tell me what to do. i don't say anything to her bc that's his mother and i don't want to cause problems but it is soo hard sometimes trying not to go off on her! she ruined our truck bc he let her drive it. she's always grouchy and you would think she would want to spend more time with our son since it's her first and only grand child and she wont even watch him or help me out with him. i think she is jealous bc i took her son from her and she acts like she's his wife it's so weird. she is on our phone plan and bank account and gets nosy and looks at everything....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you dislike this woman that much is there any one else you can stay with? It could blow up on you if your that against her.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• She's sharing her house with you. She's most certainly helping you out. I totally understand that she may not want to babysit - after all, she's already raised her children. and "she ruined our truck because he let her drive it"? If that's true, that's a problem with him, not with her. She's sharing her home - she's doing a lot for you. I would think you might want to focusing on appreciating that - or move out.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had this problem... Um, my husband was allowing it.. He is in the marines. I get along great with my mother-in-law as long as he isn't going back and forth to mom when we have problems lol
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well for now this too shall pass. Yes you should and probably are grateful for her help, but my MIL was the same way w/me. I, after yrs learned to listen and smile, and just do what I wanted w/my S/O, my life and my child. If it gets to be too much I respect that you said you don't say anything bec. it's his Mom, but HE should be able to say a few things nicely to her, she'd take it better from him. Your his family now, as well as your child. It would make for a happy home for all of you I'm sure if he could straighten some of tension around the house, maybe she feels the tension and that causes her being grouchy. I'd ask the S/O to try and step up to the plate a little on this one.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Just smile, hold your tounge and walk away. Since he is in the military you wont be close to her forever. Why in the world is she on your bank account though? I think that is probably something that I would have to have a conversation with my husband about. You should also talk to him about the way that she is acting. I do agree with the other ladies that she is helping you out by letting you stay there...and remember its only for a short while and then you will have your own life again, for your sake hopefully in another state...lol. My husband and his mom have a very close relationship, I hold my tongue often but I stand firm on important things...after 7 years of marriage she is finally starting to figure out that I didn't take her place in his life and that she can not butt into our family when she feels like it. You may want to tell her how much you appreciate her letting you stay at her house, maybe that will open her up
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010