How many people have friends that they can borrow money from and still be friends?

msbrewton

Asked by msbrewton at 2:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do I have a very close friend who Ive been friends with since 1999! We are there for each other no matter what!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have close friends.. we both help each other when needed.. like second family since we are atleast over 1800 miles away from our own family where my husband is stationed..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my best friend and i. we just mention it and it doesn't even need to be asked. i can go to her house and see if something needs to be done-we're both having a rough time financially-and we just take care of it with whatever extra we have. same thing with things around the house, kids, anything like that.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yeah, I have had friends who would not bat an eyelid and I would not hesitate to loan to them. For the most part, it's not necessary, but things happen and we are there for each other.

kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 2:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i dont need to borrow any money persoanlly unless its a loan from the bank like for an emergency. I think if a person can and does pay it back thats great, if I loan it out I always take into account I may not get it back.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sigh... I AM that friend/family member. I can't help it - I feel like with everything being really crappy right now for a lot of people, I want to help the ones I love. Things I replace & most would try to sell - I make sure no one I know might need it, and so far - let's just say I haven't sold anything. I'm not a millionaire by any means, but I'm also not struggling so I like to help the ones I love as much as I can.
    ireland.runaway

Answer by ireland.runaway at 2:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't even try it. I love my friends, they love me, and we don't mix money with friendship.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• When my friend askes me for a loan..i jus give her the money and tell her she doesnt have to pay me back...i tell her it's a blessing not a loan :) ... bcuz i dont want money to come between our friendship...besides she only borrows $40 - $50....and when she askes a know she most really need it.
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have a friend who offered help when my S/O had open heart surgery and got laid off at the same time. I thanked him and appreciated it., we but didn't borrow. We lent to a friend for a week back about 35 years ago, haven't seen a penny of it yet. It's a sure way to ruin a friendship. I wouldn't do it again.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have ogood friend that I have known for about 15 years and no matter what we are there for each ither...I'm estimating that over the years we probably still owe her 3 or 400 bucks...hmmm after buying what we need for the baby at income tax time I need to pay her back...her and my hubby's sis too....Christmas all over again for them LOL
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 4:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010