Smokers....Can you truthfully say that you NEVER litter your butts in planters or out your car window?

I hate when I'm driving and the a hole in front of me throws their lit cig butt out the window and it bounces off my car. I also notice the parking lots, and planters, and streets are excessivly littered with cigarette butts. I don't get it. Why is it okay? Why is it acceptable to throw ciggarette butts anywhere you want? Would you throw your pop cans, and other garbage right where you are standing just because you need to put it somewhere? Throw it out the car window? I'm sure there are some polite smokers out there! I do know a few myself. I used to smoke too so I'm not "hating" on everyone who ever smoked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• I will be honest. I used to.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• NEVER! I dont smoke in my car. If I do smoke I always make sure there's an ashtray nearby or I just put it out and throw it in a trashcan.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I commend you Jademom! Very cool of you to say so! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I dont leave my filtered cigarettes all around I do however catch myself throwing the RYO around places though and I dont have a car to smoke in lol and even if I did there would be no smoking in it.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I can say, in all honesty that I have not- I used to do community service projects as a kid, and HATED picking them up. I always toss them in the trash, or something headed for the trash.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I moved from Cali to MN, and I notice people out here smoke a lot heavier than out here. My neighbors smoke constantly. I can smell the cigs when I open my windows. Their cigarette butts are in my yard all the time because they just smoke and throw them It's really irritating.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• im guilty of littering with cigarette butts if there is not an ashtray nearby but I almost always put it out before I flick it so it doesnt cause a fire
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• So who's job is it to pick them up anon? It makes it better if you put it out?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I admit to doing it once or twice but for the most art I put it out and place it in an empty cup in the cup holder. My car has no actual ash tray so I use cup.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, I can say that. I don't have "butts" so there isn't any issue. I smoke ECigs, so there isn't any butts, chemicals in the air around me or extra trash...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010