Take it or leave it?

A man saw my Husband and Myself at a bus stop when we were on our way home. He gave us a brand new high chair, play pen and diaper bag. He also gave us a ride home in a very nice van. Then he offered us the van for 2,500 and it only has 50,000 miles on it. The interior was very nice and it drove well. He said the only thing that is was missing was the front bench seat and he would get another one but raise the price of the van. He said he is trying to help people out and he is x military and his family is mostly military....... What you think should I get the van or not?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• HEy agriffinmom :)...

yes i would get the van..that's pretty cheap with that little miles...i say get it...for the most part military men are very disiplined and honorable... besides it would help you guys out a great deal...let me know if you decided to get the van :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If he has the title showing he is the owner without another name on the title and make sure it doesn't have a lien on it. He may just be angry with his wife and selling stuff/giving stuff away. I live in a military community and they do fall on hard times and you can get great deals though when they do.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sounds like this stuff was stolen and he is trying to make some money. I wouldn't take it unless I really knew the guy!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ummm you got a ride from someone you didn't know?! i dont know...i'd like to believe he's just a nice guy but that sounds weird. or bogus.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• that's weird. A true act of random kindness??

Does he has a title for the Van and does the name match the name on his id?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I just saw on the news the other morning that people are selling stolen cars and you can almost not detect it until you register for them. Then you are out the money and the car. It seems shady to me because you didn't know him and lets face it the world isn't known for people who would bend over backwards for people they don't know.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• a rare act of kindness maybe but please be careful for yourselves and your child's sake.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would check to make sure it wasn't stolen. I'm not trusting of strangers.

MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You know the old saying, If it's too good to be true............probably it is. If not the case I think you walked into a great hay day for yourself.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• sounds too good to be true. it probably is....
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 6:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010